Friday 4 January 2008

Americanization of Emily catches up

I am delighted to see the return of The Americanization of Emily over the last week or so. I was out shopping in Swadlincote ("down Swad") with my mum, my brother Jonathan and my sister Nicola when Viola was writing her Catch-up post. It's nice to see a picture of Viola on the blog. The one of me in a Duke t-shirt was taken while we were visiting Myrtle Beach, a particularly enjoyable weekend, and not just because of the pile of articles I took with me on statistics and the Synoptic Problem, read in response to a dawning realization about a problem for the Q theory that I had not previously noticed, but that is to stray onto the subject matter of my other blog.

Viola's subsequent post on the End of the World Cult relates to a fascinating documentary we watched on our return from England on Wednesday, and which I am tempted to use in future to illustrate the phenomenon of eschatological movements and the revision of failed prophecies.

By the way, a very happy 2008 to you all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

... the phenomenon of eschatological movements and the revision of failed prophecies," was what you said.

What failed prophecy? If you are speaking of the end of the 490 year prophecy of Daniel 9, it didn't fail. October 31st came and ended at midnight just like days always do, and the prophecy was fulfilled just as stated in the Scriptures.