Thursday 28 May 2009

Hitler's opinion on the new Star Trek film

I enjoyed this Youtube clip (courtesy of an anonymous commenter on The Busybody):



(Alternative rant here). I am pleased to find myself on the other side to Hitler. I have seen the film twice so far and loved it and even phoned in to the CIA Podcast for the first time to enthuse about it a couple of weeks ago (ep. 98). The film reminds me of the way that new Doctor Who manages to reboot the franchise while at the same time embracing and celebrating the past. Now our kids like Star Trek and Doctor Who, and we can enjoy them with them. Happy day! (Getting their interest in classic Trek and classic Who is not quite so easy, however).

The subtitled Hitler rant above is a good effort but it is not quite as good as the piece on the finale of Torchwood Series 2, which I blogged last year. Here is that piece again, now relocated. Warning: strong language and Torchwood spoilers:


Watch Torchwood Series 2 Finale Upsets Even Hitler in Entertainment  |  View More Free Videos Online at Veoh.com

3 comments:

Loren Rosson III said...

Hi Mark. That Hitler video is quite amusing, isn't it? For myself, I've never warmed to Star Trek at all.

Juliette said...

Oh, that is hilarious. I was surprised at the extent of the revision in the new movie, but then, I'm a Voyager fan, so no one wants to listen to me!

Anonymous said...

"Getting their interest in classic Trek and classic Who is not quite so easy, however"

You have a new show whose characters have the same names but different histories and, hence, different personalities. But it is so not Star Trek that this generation of so-called new fans are not interested in the original franchise that we are supposed to be saving. It is kind of like saying that the Demi Moore version of the Scarlet Letter brings Nathanial Hawthorne new, younger fans even though the film has Hester Prynne and Arthur Dimmesdale saved from hanging by Indians! What is being saved here?