Sunday 5 October 2008

Lewis Carroll Society of North America Spring Meeting

In April this year, I spoke at the Lewis Carroll Society of North American's Spring Meeting. My topic was "Charles Dodgson and the Conventions of Victorian Piety". It was a most enjoyable weekend, all the more so as I was able to travel up with the family, and also to meet my Mum and Dad up there. I enjoyed getting the chance to speak about something different from the New Testament, for once, and everyone was very encouraging and friendly. One of the attendees put together this nice little video diary of the event, which even includes a few seconds of me waving my arms around in my talk:



The main website also has a report and a nice photo montage. Don't miss the picture of our Lauren helping out with the audition, about two-thirds of the way down.

No comments: